1. Being tired all the time doesn’t help anyone’s mood. It makes me feel useless as even though I got 12 hours of sleep, I don’t want to do anything at all but lie in bed.
2. Joint pain. My hands just feel like they are on fire and constantly sore. It feels like I just had a huge boxing match last night. My hands just feel useless because they hurt so much.
3. Having hands or feet become deformed is hard because it is now a physical reminder that you have R.A. on top of everything.
4. Cost of Medication. It can be very expensive living with R.A.
5. Not being understood. People often don’t believe our diagnosis and think it’s a fake disease. It’s not their fault, they’ve never had to live with it like we have.